U.S. EMPLOYERS ADDED 18,000 WORKERS IN JUNE, THE FEWEST IN NINE MONTHS, AND THE UNEMPLOYMENT RATE UNEXPECTEDLY CLIMBED, INDICATING A STRUGGLING LABOR MARKET.
Unexpectedly? Here are some future headlines you’re likely to see with a liberal democrat as president.
- Iran unlikely gets nuclear weapons
- Egypt unlikely elects Muslim Brotherhood government
- Unemployment unlikely rises again
- Obama unlikely defeated for reelection
When are these fools going to realize none of this is really unlikely. The real story should read employment gains even worse than forecast.
President Obama’s senior political adviser David Plouffe said Wednesday that PEOPLE WON’T VOTE IN 2012 BASED ON THE UNEMPLOYMENT RATE.
Plouffe should probably hope that’s the case, since dismal job figures aren’t expected to get any better for Obama and the economy on Friday.
MOST ECONOMISTS EXPECT A REPORT FROM THE BUREAU OF LABOR STATISTICS TO SHOW THAT THE NATION ADDED ABOUT 100,000 JOBS IN JUNE. That’s not enough to keep up with population growth, let alone lower the unemployment rate or make a dent in the 9 million jobs lost during the so called Great Recession.
Plouffe ran a masterful campaign for Obama in 2008 when he didn’t have to defend Obama’s record. It appears he’s hoping to not have to defend it again. Fat chance.
In the first reaction from the White House to this morning’s dismal jobs report, Chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers Austan Goolsbee says the country’s 9.2 percent unemployment rate “remains unacceptably high and faster growth is needed to replace the jobs lost in the downturn.”
Despite the fact that the economy added just 18,000 jobs last month, Goolsbee touts growth in the private sector and attributes the slow economic recovery to “headwinds” faced earlier this year….
Stating the obvious Goolsbee should speak to Plouffe about statements based in a bit of reality.
Today’s shocking jobs report represents a modern record of 29 STRAIGHT MONTHS WITH UNEMPLOYMENT ABOVE 8 PERCENT, and falls on THE 800TH DAY SINCE CONGRESSIONAL DEMOCRATS HAVE PASSED A BUDGET. This report is more proof that job creation in America is nowhere near where it needs to be for a strong recovery to occur, and that immediate action is needed to change course. Reports recently issued by the House Budget Committee and the minority staff of the Senate Budget Committee demonstrate that the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT’S DRAMATIC OVERSPENDING AND ENORMOUS DEBT BURDEN ARE DIRECTLY HURTING JOB CREATION. Employers large and small know that TODAY’S EXCESSIVE BORROWING WILL BE TOMORROW’S TAX HIKES AND INTEREST-RATE INCREASES. This lack of confidence in the future puts a chilling effect on hiring and investment right now….
How much more proof do the liberals need that their cherished beliefs in spending their way to prosperity are preposterous?
A funny thing happened on the way to lower oil and gasoline prices: They went up.
TWO WEEKS AFTER THE U.S. AND OTHER OIL-IMPORTING NATIONS TOOK ACTION THAT KNOCKED DOWN THE PRICE OF OIL TO ALMOST $90 A BARREL, IT'S BACK AROUND $100. And gas pump prices, which had dropped since May, are up about a nickel since Friday.
Oil is rising again as investors bet that the economies of many countries, including the U.S., will improve in the second half of the year, and global demand for petroleum will rise.
Benchmark oil for August delivery rose $2.02, or 2.1 percent, to settle at $98.67 a barrel on the New York Mercantile Exchange. Brent crude gained $4.97, or 4.4 percent, to settle at $118.59 per barrel on the ICE Futures exchange.
Higher oil prices mean higher gas prices. THE NATIONAL AVERAGE PUMP PRICE ROSE 1.4 CENTS ON THURSDAY TO $3.583 A GALLON, ACCORDING TO AAA and the Oil Price Information Service. THAT'S UP 4.2 CENTS FROM A WEEK AGO BUT STILL 86 CENTS MORE THAN A YEAR AGO….
Unemployment and gas prices up. Just two reasons Obama is a dead duck in 2012.
…So starting as a presidential candidate, Obama has:
• Called for BANKRUPTING THE COAL INDUSTRY.
• RAISED GAS PRICES by forcing domestic production to a crawl.
• DEMONIZED BANKERS AND AUTOMATIC TELLER MACHINES.
• WENT TO WAR AGAINST FOX NEWS, TALK RADIO, and Twitter user Kevin Eder.
• Alienated Wall Street, which backed him in 2008 — and will probably do so again.
• Nationalized the car industry.
• Forced Chrysler to terminate 25 percent of its auto dealers.
• DEMONIZED LAS VEGAS.
• ALINSKYIZED THE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE.
• BLOCKED BOEING FROM EXPANDING INTO A RIGHT TO WORK STATE.
• Is busy transforming the insurance industry into the equivalent of quasi-government utilities.
• CREATED AN UNCERTAIN (TO SAY THE LEAST) REGULATORY ENVIRONMENT, making new hiring a challenging proposition.
• And is now Alisnkyizing private planes, despite having temporary custody of the greatest “private” plane of all.
Obama is the Jimmy Carter of the 21st Century.