Sunday, May 9, 2010

Question of the Day


Are Colorado Residents Racists?

A new poll by Rasmussen shows that 55% of Colorado residents favor an immigration law like Arizona's while 35% oppose such a law. How can that be when you hear so much in the media about how racists this is. Actually, Colorado's 55% is lower than the National average of 59% who favor such a law.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_state_surveys/colorado/55_of_colorado_voters_favor_immigration_law_like_arizona_s

The full court press you are seeing by the liberal establishment to me is a farce. The Phoenix Suns changed their jersey on Cinco de Mayo to Los Suns. To begin with if they really wanted to change their name to support Mexicans, they should have chosen "Los Soles." And since they objected to requiring people to come into the country "legally" couldn't they have shown their support by openning their gates that night and not collecting any tickets? Of course if you PAID for a ticket, you might be a bit upset.


Many years ago, I was living in Cincinnati Ohio and needed to go into town for something. I found a place to park on the street. When I got back to my car I still had 10 minutes on the meter but I had a ticket on the car. It seems there was no parking after 4 PM and instead of a $10 ticket, it was a $40 ticket. I hadn't seen the sign and was upset with myself.


I paid the ticket which was a lot of money back then. The day after I paid the ticket there was an article in the paper saying "no one" pays these tickets. I felt like a fool.


In essence this is what the left is telling all the people who immigrate legally to the US. They are saying to them, only fools do it the right way. Come on in illegally and we will ignore it.


I'm getting tired to the left playing us all for fools. They seem to want to pick and chose the laws they want to enforce and they want to do it in a morally superior fashion.


The problem we have is not Arizona's new law. The problem we have is that neither political party seems to have the guts to either enforce the laws we have on the books or change them. It is time for a change in congress.

No comments:

Post a Comment