FOUR IN 10 AMERICANS “STRONGLY” DISAPPROVE OF HOW PRESIDENT OBAMA IS HANDLING JOB as president in the new Washington Post-ABC News poll, the highest that number has risen during his time in office and a sign of the hardening opposition to him as he seeks a second term.
While the topline numbers are troubling enough, dig deeper into them and the news gets no better for Obama. FORTY-THREE PERCENT OF INDEPENDENTS — A GROUP THE PRESIDENT SPENT THE BETTER PART OF THE LAST YEAR COURTING — STRONGLY DISAPPROVE OF THE JOB HE IS DOING. FORTY SEVEN PERCENT OF PEOPLE 65 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER — RELIABLE VOTERS IN ANY ELECTION — STRONGLY DISAPPROVE OF HOW HE IS DOING HIS JOB.
Strong opposition to Obama has grown markedly since the start of the year.
In a mid-January Post-ABC survey, 28 percent strongly disapproved of the job Obama was doing. That number has steadily ticked upward — with the exception of a poll in early May that followed hard on the killing of Osama bin Laden— as the year has worn on and the economy has remained sluggish (at best).
And even as his strong disapproval numbers have steadily risen, his strong approval numbers have gone into a mirror-image decline.
In January, 30 percent strongly approved of the job Obama was doing. In the latest Post-ABC survey, that numbers is 21 percent and, as recently as early August, it had dipped to 18 percent.
All of those numbers — and yes, we here at the Fix do love us some poll numbers — point to a simple fact: THE “ANYONE BUT OBAMA” CROWD IS GETTING LARGER AND MORE STRIDENT IN THEIR OPINIONS, WHILE THE PRESIDENT’S BASE IS GROWING LESS AND LESS STRONGLY SUPPORTIVE OF HOW HE IS DOING THE JOB…
The tide is growing stronger. Right now I think there are a number of Democratic leaders who are plotting how to get Obama to step down voluntarily so they won’t lose the AA vote.
Wall Street Protester’s demands
…Demand one: RESTORATION OF THE LIVING WAGE. THIS DEMAND CAN ONLY BE MET BY ENDING “FREETRADE” BY RE-IMPOSING TRADE TARIFFS ON ALL IMPORTED GOODS ENTERING THE AMERICAN MARKET to level the playing field for domestic family farming and domestic manufacturing as most nations that are dumping cheap products onto the American market have radical wage and environmental regulation advantages. Another policy that must be instituted is raise the minimum wage to twenty dollars an hr.
DEMAND TWO: INSTITUTE A UNIVERSAL SINGLE PAYER HEALTHCARE SYSTEM. To do this all private insurers must be banned from the healthcare market as their only effect on the health of patients is to take money away from doctors, nurses and hospitals preventing them from doing their jobs and hand that money to wall st. investors.
DEMAND THREE: GUARANTEED LIVING WAGE INCOME REGARDLESS OF EMPLOYMENT.
DEMAND FOUR: FREE COLLEGE EDUCATION….
My favorite is demand 11 where they call for the debt forgiveness for ALL DEBT. Of course this would bring about the end of the value of any money and destroy all the other demands they make. Frankly we should find out where these kids go to school and sue the schools for malpractice if they produce students that are this ignorant.
Who’s Not Passing Obama’s Jobs Bill?
SENATE MAJORITY LEADER HARRY REID (NEV.) ON TUESDAY FURTHER DISTANCED HIS DEMOCRATIC CONFERENCE FROM PRESIDENT OBAMA BY NIXING A MAJOR COMPONENT OF THE WHITE HOUSE’S JOBS PLAN.
Reid said he would revise parts of the proposal that some Senate Democrats have found unpalatable. The Nevada Democrat ANNOUNCED HIS NEW STRATEGY ON THE SAME DAY HE BLOCKED A REPUBLICAN EFFORT TO FORCE A VOTE ON OBAMA’S JOBS BILL.
The GOP-led maneuver, and Reid’s counterattack, shows that Republicans are more united against Obama’s plan than Democrats are for it.
Indeed, three weeks after Obama called on Congress to pass his jobs package “immediately,” the Democratic-led Senate has yet to vote on it.
Reid indicated he is going back to the drawing board to shore up wavering Democratic support for the $447 billion jobs bill…
Well it appears the Republicans would be against it in the Senate, but Harry Reid won’t bring it to a vote because he would lose even though the Democrats have a six vote majority.
The Perry Scandal that wasn’t
"N****r go home."
So read the ugly note. It was left in the mid-'70s on the desk of a young black woman -- a college intern.
Where did this happen? Not, to be sure, in the Deep South, nor in the part of West Texas where Gov. Rick Perry grew up, during a time when the Lone Star State was segregated. It happened in sophisticated and liberal Boston -- and at a mainstream newspaper: the .
The young black woman claiming to have found the note was Gwen Ifill -- now PBS NewsHour's senior reporter and news anchor.
THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA AND FELLOW TRAVELERS IN THE LEFTY BLOGOSPHERE HAVE A HYPOCRISY PROBLEM -- ONE UNDERSCORED BY THE 'S RECENT RACE-HUSTLING PIECE ON GOV. PERRY: "AT RICK PERRY'S TEXAS HUNTING SPOT, CAMP'S OLD RACIALLY CHARGED NAME LINGERED."
In her disingenuous article, young reporter Stephanie McCrummen cleverly suggests that Perry suffers a potential character deficiency: he grew up in a "segregated era" and "mostly white world."
Even worse, she writes, his family has a sprawling hunting camp in West Texas that some locals once called "Niggerhead" -- A NAME THAT EVEN USED TO BE PAINTED ON A ROCK, THOUGH PERRY'S FATHER HAD THE ROCK PAINTED OVER WHEN HE JOINED THE PROPERTY'S LEASE, according to Gov. Perry. He told the that "Niggerhead" is "AN OFFENSIVE NAME THAT HAS NO PLACE IN THE MODERN WORLD."…
So a property leased by Rick Perry’s father which had an offensive name on a rock that the father had painted over is a scandal? It doesn’t take much to have a liberal charge racism in today’s world.
50 Best Ann Coulter Quotes (I’ve posted my favorites)
49) IT’S THE FAMOUS LIBERAL TWO-STEP: FIRST SCREW SOMETHING UP, THEN CLAIM THAT IT’S SCREWED UP BECAUSE THERE’S NOT ENOUGH GOVERNMENT OVERSIGHT (IT’S THE FREE MARKET RUN WILD!), AND THEN STEP IN AND REALLY SCREW IT UP IN THE NAME OF “REFORM.
44) THE COMMON WISDOM HOLDS THAT “BOTH PARTIES” HAVE TO APPEAL TO THE EXTREMES DURING THE PRIMARY AND THEN MOVE TO THE CENTER FOR THE GENERAL ELECTION. TO THE CONTRARY, BOTH PARTIES RUN FOR OFFICE AS CONSERVATIVES. ONCE THEY HAVE FOOLED THE VOTERS AND ARE SAFELY IN OFFICE, REPUBLICANS SOMETIMES DOUBLE-CROSS THE VOTERS. DEMOCRATS ALWAYS DO.
36) With their infernal racial set-asides, racial quotas, and race norming, liberals share many of the Klan’s premises. THE KLAN SEES THE WORLD IN TERMS OF RACE AND ETHNICITY. SO DO LIBERALS! INDEED, LIBERALS AND WHITE SUPREMACISTS ARE THE ONLY PEOPLE LEFT IN AMERICA WHO ARE NEUROTICALLY OBSESSED WITH RACE. CONSERVATIVES CHAMPION A COLOR-BLIND SOCIETY.
27) Liberals seem to have hit upon a reverse Christ story as their belief system. He suffered and died for our sins; liberals make the rest of us suffer for sins we didn’t commit. Their claims of how awful ‘we’ are never seems to encompass themselves in the ‘we.’ SAYING AMERICA IS A RACIST NATION IS NEVER MEANT TO SUGGEST THAT THE SPEAKER IS A RACIST — IT’S HIS NEIGHBORS WHO ARE THE RACISTS.
19) The reason any conservative’s failing is always major news is that it allows liberals to engage in their very favorite taunt: Hypocrisy! Hypocrisy is the only sin that really inflames them. Inasmuch as liberals have no morals, they can sit back and criticize other people for failing to meet the standards that liberals simply renounce. IT’S AN INTRIGUING STRATEGY. BY OPENLY ADMITTING TO BEING PHILANDERERS, DRAFT DODGERS, LIARS, WEASELS AND COWARDS, LIBERALS AVOID EVER BEING HYPOCRITES.
17) Liberals don’t mind discussing who is more patriotic if patriotism is defined as redistributing income and vetoing the Pledge of Allegiance. ONLY IF PATRIOTISM IS DEFINED AS SUPPORTING AMERICA DO THEY GET TESTY AND DRONE ON ABOUT ‘MCCARTHYISM.’
14) LIBERALS DON’T BELIEVE THERE IS SUCH A THING AS “FACT” OR “TRUTH.” EVERYTHING IS A STRUGGLE FOR POWER BETWEEN RIVAL DOCTRINES.
12) If you can somehow force a liberal into a point-counterpoint argument, his retorts will bear no relation to what you’ve said — unless you were in fact talking about your looks, your age, your weight, your personal obsessions, or whether you are a fascist. IN THE FAMOUS LIBERAL TWO-STEP, THEY LEAP FROM ONE IDIOTIC POINT TO THE NEXT, SO YOU CAN NEVER NAIL THEM. IT’S LIKE ARGUING WITH SOMEONE WITH ATTENTION DEFICIT DISORDER.
5) Liberals hate religion because politics is a RELIGION SUBSTITUTE FOR LIBERALS AND THEY CAN’T STAND THE COMPETITION.
1) It’s an obsession with the Democrats to nationalize everything: health care, welfare, the speed limit, abortion, the drinking age — so there’s no escape. Like all totalitarians, the Democrats’ position is: We thought up something that we know will work better than anything anyone else has done for the last 30,000 years. We don’t know why no one else has thought of it. We must be smarter. This is why THE HISTORY OF LIBERALISM CONSISTS OF REPLACING THINGS THAT WORK WITH THINGS THAT SOUNDED GOOD ON PAPER.
The Honest Budget Act
Sen. Jeff Sessions (R., Ala.), ranking Republican on the Senate Budget Committee, is known for his fiery rants against Washington’s wayward spending habits and gimmick-riddled budget process. Today, as mentioned on the Corner earlier, he will introduce legislation that seeks to restore sanity to the former by doing away with the latter.
Known as the Honest Budget Act, the bill targets the budget tricks and abstract accounting that politicians of both parties have relied on for years to claim “savings” that in reality never end up saving taxpayers a single dime. (For example, President Obama’s latest deficit plan claims $1.1 trillion in “savings” — about one third of the entire package — on the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. But this is money that never would have been spent in the first place due to our plans to scale down troop levels in both campaigns.) The Honest Budget Act, co-sponsored by Sen. Olympia Snowe (R., Maine), would:
● REQUIRE THE SENATE TO ACTUALLY PASS A BUDGET RESOLUTION BEFORE AUTHORIZING APPROPRIATIONS. It has been ALMOST 900 DAYS SINCE THE DEMOCRATIC SENATE LAST APPROVED A LEGITIMATE BUDGET RESOLUTION. As a result, the government has to be funded through omnibus appropriations bills, which as you might expect, don’t lend themselves to fiscal prudence. Under existing congressional rules, any senator can raise a point of order objecting to the consideration of appropriations bills in the absence of a budget resolution. However, the objection can be overridden by a simple majority vote. This bill would give such objections more weight by requiring a 60-vote threshold to overturn.
● PREVENT “EMERGENCY” SPENDING ON NON-EMERGENCIES. Federal spending that Congress designates as an “emergency” is typically exempt from the various rules and constraints intended to enforce budgetary discipline. But it’s not just the September 11 attacks, Hurricane Katrina, and other real emergencies that get this treatment. Congress too often abuses this rule by awarding “emergency” funding for programs of questionable urgency. A 2008 APPROPRIATIONS BILL, FOR EXAMPLE, AWARDED $210 MILLION IN “EMERGENCY” FUNDING TO CONDUCT THE 2010 CENSUS, AN UNDERTAKING THAT IS REQUIRED BY THE CONSTITUTION….
This is a good idea since I’m getting a bit tired of the same savings being counted over and over again by congress. You can take $500 billion from Medicare, but you can’t spend that same $500 billion four times. Honesty in budgeting would be a refreshing change.