Remember when Barack Obama addressed a joint session of Congress to introduce his American Jobs Act, exhorting them on national television to “pass this bill immediately”? OBAMA USED THAT PHRASE IN VARIOUS FORMS 17 TIMES DESPITE THE FACT THAT HE DIDN’T ACTUALLY A BILL TO PRESENT TO CONGRESS UNTIL A WEEK LAter. And as far as all but two members of Congress are concerned, the bill itself may as well not exist. NO CO-SPONSORS HAVE ADDED THEIR NAMES TO EITHER THE SENATE OR THE HOUSE VERSION even after more than a week, although readers have to dig a ways into the Washington Post report to find that out:
There are signs that you can read and interpret when looking at the political landscape. This is one that tells you Obama is heading for a disaster in November 2012.
The Anti-Science Left
….Among the POSITIONS PROGRESSIVES HAVE TAKEN WHICH ARE FALSE AND UNSUPPORTED BY SCIENCE ARE THE FOLLOWING examples I culled there from posts by Mike Hanson of Purdue University and Ken Green. Collectively these men observe these FALLACIES SUPPORTED BY THOSE WHO CALL THEMSELVES PROGRESSIVES:
1. DDT causes cancer;
2. Alar causes cancer;
3. Polar bears are drowning as the icebergs melt;
4. Video displays or cell phones cause cancer;
5. There are grave risks to hydraulic fracturing;
6. Misuse of toxology -- hexavalent chromium contamination in Hinkley, California; amaranth, saccharin;
7. Nuclear winter;
8. Claims that there's a giant plastic cocoon in the middle of the ocean;
9. BPA and Phthalates are carcinogens and endocrine disruptors;
10. Claims that organic food is safer and healthier than conventionally grown foods;
11. Claims that eating locally grown foods is better for the environment than foods grown further away;
12. Cloth grocery bags are better for the environment than paper or plastic ones;
13. Claims of species' endangerment based on faked or flawed evidence;
14. Claims that climate models have predictive power and that individual weather events represent climate change;
15. Claims that frogs died because of climate change;
16. Claims that there were alligator penis malformations from endocrine disruptors;
17. Claims that bees were dying as a result of climate change;
18. Claims that butterflies were dying from Bt crops;
19. Unsubstantiated claims about low dose radiation hazards….
Unscientific? It comes with being an ideologue on either side of the spectrum.
Another Barack misstep
There's no fool like a teleprompter fool.
If anyone needs any further proof that BARACK OBAMA MERELY SAYS WHAT THE TELEPROMPTER TELLS HIM TO, the remarks delivered at yesterday's ceremony marking the new chairman of the joint chiefs provides it. THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES REFERS TO HIS WIFE AS "MICHAEL."
Don't believe me? listen to him yourself, 35 seconds into the C-SPAN video of the address:
If it’s on the teleprompter, Barack will read it without any real thought.
Dishonest, Divisive Democrats
THE DEMOCRATS CAN’T DEFEND THEIR RECORD, SO THEY BELIEVE THEY HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO SMEAR THEIR POLITICAL OPPONENTS. We saw it with the Tea Party. The Democrats had no answer for the concerns of millions of Americans about the federal government’s soaring spending and debt, so they fabricated the claim that the Tea Party is “racist.” Never mind that it made no sense–what does fiscal responsibility have to do with race, and why are some of the most popular Tea Party figures black and Hispanic?–the smear was endlessly repeated.
Now we are seeing a rerun. Just as the Democrats fabricated the claim that Tea Partiers shouted the N-word at Democratic Congressmen, THEY ARE PERPETRATING THE MYTH THAT THE REPUBLICAN DEBATE AUDIENCE IN FLORIDA BOOED A GAY SERVICEMAN. In fact, one or at most two people booed. The person who booed has not been identified, and we don’t know whether he (or they) was even a Republican. A person who was sitting nearby described what happened:
I was at the debate, in the audience on the right hand side about halfway back…. The person who booed was just a few rows in front of us. The booing got an immediate and angry reaction from nearly everyone sitting around him, who hissed and shushed at him. LOTS OF LOUD GASPS, “SHHHH!” “NO!” “SHUT UP, YOU IDIOT!” ETC.
But the liberals are desperate, and they don’t care about the facts. Thus, they are perpetrating the lie that “the audience booed” the gay soldier. When it comes to dishonesty and divisiveness, no one beats Barack Obama…
Expect a lot of this. Obama and the Democrats will run one of the most dishonest and negative campaigns we’ve ever seen. It’s all they have left.