Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Senate and Obama's Budget

What’s New Today

Story #1 tells of Obama’s budget being voted down in the Senate.  Of course that isn’t a huge deal.  So far every Democrat in the Senate has not cast a single vote for any budget in the past three years.  #2 is a new anti-Obama ad, using Obama’s own words.  #3 is a demonstration of which is the real party of no.  Hint it’s the Democrats.  #4 tells us about Jon Lovitz. 

Today’s Thoughts

Old Political Saying: "Some of my friends are for the bill, and some of my friends are against the bill, and I'm always with my friends."

It appears David Letterman has set the bar pretty low for President Obama.  He sayswhat more do we want this man to do for us, honest to God?”  speaking about his killing of Bin Laden.  Hmmm, how about getting the economy working again?

A recent Rasmussen poll shows that 88% are paying more for groceries than they were a year ago.  I think that means the other 12% aren’t paying attention or have someone else doing the shopping for them. 

1. Obama’s Budget voted down in the Senate 99-0

For the second consecutive year, the Democrat-controlled United States Senate has unanimously rejected President Obama’s 2013 budget. The final vote was 99-0, making the the running two-year tally 196-0.  This move follows the House of Representatives' 414-0 rebuke  of the same fiscal blueprint earlier this year.  Astonishingly, not a single Senate Democrat has voted in favor of any budget for three years, even as they refuse to offer a plan of their own.  Democrats have claimed that three fig leaves mitigate this embarrassing spectacle:…

The democrats offer a lot of excuses, but this year not a single democrat has voted for President Obama’s 2013 budget.  In fact the totals on the votes have been 513-0.  At last we have some bi-partisanship but I don’t think this is what the Democrats had in mind when they complained about the lack of bi-partisanship.

2. New Anti-Obama Ad

This is what you will see in the coming months from the anti-Obama people: using Obama’s own words against him.  And in this one is doubly effective since it shows promises from 2008, it will inoculate people from believing the promises he is starting to make in this election cycle. 

3. The Left vs ALEC
If you want an insight into today's left, look at its multifront war against the American Legislative Exchange Council for committing the grave sin of pushing free-market bills in state legislatures.
At a recent meeting in Washington, Aniello Alioto of ProgressNow Colorado summed up the left-wing's campaign against ALEC: "Never relent, never let up pressure, and always increase."
According to the Washington Free Beacon, ProgressNow was one of several left-wing groups meeting at ALF-CIO headquarters earlier this month to plot their ongoing campaign against ALEC. Other groups included Common Cause and the Color of Change.

So what's got the left so agitated? Is ALEC involved in organized crime? Has it stolen money from state treasuries? Bribed officials? Polluted the environment? Clubbed baby seals?

Nope. The left is targeting ALEC for the simple reason that it's been effective in promoting pro-business, free-market ideas and policies, mainly by drafting model legislation that lawmakers can use as a template in their own legislatures.

Those bills, mind you, still have to make it through their states' representative bodies, and then get signed by their governors.

In other words, it's democracy at work.

But the mere fact that ALEC has succeeded in pushing back on the liberal state has the left in a state of apoplexy.

Instead of debating the group, or working to counter it with their own liberal legislative efforts, they're trying to shut it down….

The left doesn’t seem to do well with free speech, or at least allowing the other side to have free speech.  From lefties blaming Fox for sowing dissent to trying to get right wing talk show hosts off the air, the left’s policy seems to be if you can’t beat them, ban them.  

4. Jon Lovitz doubles down

This is my favorite quote of his from the interview after Megyn Kelly asks about any backlash he might be facing. Lovitz says that for trying to tell the truth about simple the fact that he already pays his fair share, he's hearing from people on Twitter:

"You’re a racist, you’re a Nazi -- I'm Jewish but a Nazi now."

Those of us, who have, as adults, made the migration from left to right, learn two things very quickly.
1. The MSM goes from reasonable to mind-blowingly corrupt and biased. 

2. Conservatives are much nicer and more tolerant of you as a liberal than liberals are of you as a conservative. 

I'm not implying Lovitz is now a conservative (he has said many times he's a liberal), but the rule still applies. 

Libs like to say they are speaking truth to power.  In this case, Lovitz, who says he is a liberal, is doing exactly that as he calls Obama on his class warfare.  

No comments:

Post a Comment